Monday 1 June 2009

Iceland

I wrote a list of things I want to write about in the next 20 posts. I thought I'd start with Iceland seeing as it's the easiest. It's also a very interesting and quite quiet little country that sits just north of Scotland and is part of Scandinavia. It's very mountainous and also very cold. There is quite a bit of snow and some parts look very very desolate. And this is why I want to live there.

If you've followed my blog then you'll probably realise by now that I'm a fairly 'different' chap. I want to go to war with Finland and I am scared of Russia. This is different though, becuase it makes perfect sense! Most people want to live in France or Spain. This is all good, but think about how bad the economy is and how bored you'll get of the heat. It's nice in a short spell but shouldn't be lived in I am to believe.

Iceland has two very nice things about it:
1) Everything is cheap as dirt.
2) They have Bjork and Sigur Ros.
Furthermore, they have a very low unemployment rate and they are some of the happiest people in the world. They're quite good at Eurovision and they have beautiful cities. Houses are big and cheap. See, why move to Spain if you have Iceland. So what if it's a bit cold, it can be very warm. It is also sunny more often than it is in Scotland. The people are supposedly lovely as well.

The main reason I would move to Iceland would be becuase of my favourite 'acoustic' band in the world. Sigur Ros are my pet sound. They would take up all 5 of my desert island discs as well. Not many people like/have heard of Sigur Ros unfortunately. But that's unfortunate because they are very talented.

I'm watching their live DVD (Heima) right now. It's really fantastic and cheap as chips, so buy or download it. I've alos just downloaded their whole back catalogue. And let's be honest. You can't hate a band that has the sound of hammers hitting ice as the backing to one of their songs.

So yeah, in short. Move to Iceland and listen to Sigur Ros. You don't have to listen to Bjork though. She's not very good.

-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment