Tuesday 14 April 2009

Fakes

That is a rolex...or is it? How can you tell if that watch is fake or not...well you can't. Not without spending a good time or spending some money. But what's the point? It's a fake watch and you get what you pay for, a sub standard watch, where things will start to break down after a while. The watch will rust, it will go green and when you try to swim with your new divers watch, it will break from 0.001PSi of pressure.
You'd probably like to know why I'm writing about this - and to be honest I was planning to write about Weimar this week - but it is very simple! I got home yesterday from a long round of golf down this links (where I must say I played reasonably well) and went on to MSN (as us teenagers do) and was greeted with a ghastly display message. I won't repeat it because I know some of my readers will know this person. But it was pretentious and - coupled with his/her display picture - woefully arrogant. The sad thing is I used to be good friends with this person, they changed me alot, they made me a better person in my eyes. They used to listen to their own type of music and be their own selves - not a pretentious and arrogant person at all. But it seems they have succumbed to the masses; listening to music which they've got from listening to one of Zane Lowe's podcasts, repeating phrases from crappy youtube virals (Charlie the Magical Unicorn, Powerthirst) and using phrases coined by some of my fellow anonymous on *chan that became old a year ago.
I'm rambling. Basically this is my message - some people are like fake rolexes, they're nice at first; but then they rust, they change and they stop working. By the way, the watch at the top is a fake - note the lack of the 'R' of Rolex engraved on the second to last link.

(God I feel sneddy)

-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment