Tuesday 14 April 2009

Music

Yes - a double barrel of blogging.





Music is a big thing in my life. I listen to it whenever I can, I sneak it in my ear in History, turn it up when I'm cycling and sing it (however much out of tune) with Greg. Whatever the lesson, whatever the location and whatever the sea creature - I will be listening to whatever I can. Right now, as I tap away on my keyboard I am listening to the new Fleet Foxes album (praying I see them in May). I'm sure most people feel the same as well. I flick on to MSN now and see 50% of people online listening it music (even if I'm seeing a sea of MGMT and Jamiroquais *gag*). But this is fine, people have different views on music - some people like their DuB, some like acoustic, some like metal and some [tasteless] folk like stuff like Lady GaG(a) or Jamiroquai.
I on the other hand have a horribly abstract taste in music - some might even call it sh*t; but that's what they think. I'm happy with my 70's folk to be honest. I love whacking some James Taylor on, or listening to some of Dylan's later stuff. But I also like modern stuff; indie-dance like Calvin Harris or Royksopp - even Friendly Fires. I like a bit of acoustic as well - Fleet Foxes and Dallas Green are both revolutionary artists.

So what does this have to do with anything? Nothing. That's what. I just wanted to comment on modern music tastes and I was hoping that I might influence some people to stop listening to Colin Murray and Zane Lowe and actually get their own tastes rather than looking at one festival line up and saying "oooh I love that band because they're headlining". This does sound like a very pretentious rant about something I shouldn't care about - but oh well.

I advise you not to read this blog, as it's only reason is so that I can let off some music steam. Well Gaslight Anthem just started playing so I say thanks for reading this post and hope you keep reading even after this woeful addition to the blog.

-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment