Friday 29 May 2009

Customer Service

At Christmas I recieved an iPod Touch. Up until that point I had been using an iPod mini. The iPod mini has always been my favourite iPod, mainly becuase it is so retro it's cool. But I felt it was time for an upgrade so I asked for the 32gb touch. I got the touch and thought it was awesome. It still is awesome and always will be awesome.

However, it has recently decided that it doesn't want to turn on and would rather sulk away in some sort of coma-esque sleep mode. As I hammer away at the buttons I dread the thought of
calling some sort of call centre in some middle-eastern country to talk to a chap that can only help me by telling me he can't help. Well I've just got off the phone to Apple customer services and I must say; I am shocked.
I just had a normal conversation with a nice chap from a call centre based in Britain, who gave me the perfect amount of information and even said I sounded very mature. My touch will be sent back to Apple Headquarters and a new one will be sent back. How fantastic is that? Gone are the days of awful, incomprehensible call centres. Well no, not exactly.
Unfortunately, I have just recieved an email from a website called Tagged (see an older post) who insisted that I have breached their terms of service. Now I'm a fairly nice bloke who strives to abide by the 'rules' on a website. So I find it grossly unfair to be contacted by a site I never use, telling me that (and I quote): "You have breached the original contract to which you signed by way of electronic signature. The reasons for your ban include; persistent 'spamming' of profiles and grief causing."
I've been arguing with a chap called Pavel from the Tagged system team for weeks now, asking him to provide me with evidence that I have done these alleged things. But apparently I will not be able to access such files becuase I could (apparently) recover my profile. What kind of sh*t is he pulling on me?
I won't fight for the ban to be lifted. I couldn't give two sh*ts about Tagged. The only people who use it are either desperate or hideous. It's good to know that Facebook and MySpace don't treat people like the team at Tagged.
Oh, a new email from the Tagged systems team...
...now its on.
I declare war, right here right now!!
-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment