Saturday 2 May 2009

Faith

Right, well I thought I'd open up a post about faith with a picture of Tom Cruise talking about $ientology, that sets the tone well I suppose...

So what is your faith? And don't be all in 'ma' face with "I r Agnostic I dun't have no fathe". Becuase you do have faith, you have the belief that there is no God, which is a little bit like an inverse faith...so you do have faith. You don't have the same sort of faith as a Christian or a Muslim, but you have faith. Everyone has faith in something. Tom Cruise has faith in whatever the hell $ientology believe, Christians believe that a saviour came to save us from our sins and Muslims believe in the prophet Muhammed (pbuh).

So I ask again you dogs...show me your faith (ha ha to the movie reference amiright?). I feel like I'm trailing away from the point here so let's get back on track. I'm writing this to ask, do you think you understand other people's faiths? There is someone I know in school who is Muslim and I don't understand their beliefs. There are quite a few Christians in school and I don't completely understand their beliefs and I definetly don't understand Jews, Sikhs, Buddhists and Catholics.

I doubt many of you white anglo-saxon protestants (History reference there) can look me in the eyes and say that they completely understand the Muslim faith. Does this worry you that in a country with an increasing Muslim population, that we don't know much about what they believe in? It worries me. It saddens me to some extent. (I can almost hear the guffaws from my history teacher, as he reminices the 'tagging' lesson. But that was taken out of context so I think that's unfair!)

It saddens me because we give Muslims a lot of grief as a country. After 9/11, I think a religion which had sat back very quietly and had gone un-noticed suddenly became the spotlight of prejudice, with people not going on undergrounds because of the constant worry of a bomb going off. I even saw someone cross the road after they saw a group of Sikhs (ok, not Muslim, but it suggests the ignorance that some people have, not being able to differentiate between the two) walking towards them.

Is this what the country is coming to? Are we turning into a country where we are scared of those who are different to us? Are we turning into a country where the 'N' word becomes a common phrase? Will that creepy northener win the apprentice? I think this country needs to change quickly, before this feeble Gulf War II becomes something a lot worse.

This turned from a talk about faith to a rant about racism fairly quickly didn't it...ah well. Let me talk about $cientology for a second...









LIES AND DECEIT!

-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment